UFV’s third annual Town & Gown fundraising dinner takes place on Nov 15, 2017 at the Student Union Building on UFV’s Abbotsford campus. This will be an inspiring evening, an opportunity to see first-hand how UFV is having a positive impact on our community and in the lives of students.
Event tickets are now sold out! We look forward to celebrating with you!
Proceeds from event tickets and a limited number of silent auction items contribute to UFV’s Changing Lives, Building Community Endowment — supporting scholarships for students who demonstrate superior scholastic achievement, leadership, and commitment to the community.
“I hope you’ll join us in celebrating our community, our students, and our alumni at Town and Gown 2017. Our annual fundraising dinner showcases the way UFV engages our community and the tremendous way students’ lives are changed. We look forward to welcoming you to this special evening supporting students through our Changing Lives, Building Community Endowment.”
—Jackie Hogan, UFV President and Vice-Chancellor.
Looking for other ways to support students?
- Make a bid online for exciting Town & Gown Silent Auction items and experiences at UFVauction.ca .
- Become a Ripple Maker with a gift of $43 each month to support students at UFV today and for years to come. Benefits include a ticket to next year’s event!
Bursaries and scholarships help students from all walks of life achieve their dreams. UFV student Randi shares how funding she received from the Faculty and Staff Bursary has helped her succeed in school. As a Social Work student, she hopes to make a difference by helping others in her community when she graduates. Watch her story below.
The evening will also feature two Distinguished Alumni award winners, who will be announced at the event.
The 2016 Distinguished Alumni winner was Gary Bass, a former high-ranking RCMP officer who earned his MA in Criminal Justice while balancing the demands of his career.
The 2016 Distinguished Young Alumni winner was Shannon Thiesen, an Abbotsford elementary school teacher and award-winning artist. She recalled the support she received from her professors and from donors.
Photos from the 2016 Town & Gown event:
Who’s in the Room
UFV’s Town & Gown Fundraising Dinner represents one of UFV’s largest community events, accommodating over 250 attendees. They include a mix of:
- influential entrepreneurs, business professionals, and government leaders
- representatives of membership-based associations and service organizations
- engaged students, alumni, donors, and employees
- Words of thanks from a student who has benefited from the generous support of donors like you
- A personal message of thanks from Jackie Hogan, UFV President and Vice-Chancellor
- Gourmet dinner in the state-of-the-art Student Union Building on the Abbotsford campus
- Engaging conversations with influential business leaders from across the Valley
- Inspirational stories of UFV’s Distinguished Alumni Award winners
- Limited silent auction of unique items and experiences.
UFV’s Town & Gown Fundraising dinner provides a unique opportunity for sponsorship with a dynamic and influential network of UFV stakeholders — including students, community leaders, and alumni — in an evening of celebration focused on how UFV transforms student lives and builds our community.
For additional information about sponsorship, please contact Sheila Reimer: